Keroppi (けろけろけろっぴ, Kerokerokeroppi) is a fictional character created by Sanrio in 1988. He is a frog with big eyes and a V-shaped mouth. He lives in Donut Pond.
Keroppi's family name is Hasunoue, which means "on lotus" in Japanese. The name "Kerokerokeroppi" is a two-layered pun: it directly translates from Japanese to English as "morning glory," but "kero" means "ribbit" as well. He enjoys swimming, baseball, playing with boomerangs, and singing. He lives with Pikki, his sister, Koroppi, his brother, his mother (a housewife and a professional chef), and his father (a doctor) in a house on the edge of Donut Pond, where a Wooden bridge connects the side of the pond and the island in the center.
Keroppi's Friends and Family
- Pikki - the only girl of the Hasunoue triplets.She helps the mother in the restaurant. (In North American dubs, her name is Kevin).
- Kokero is Keroppi’s baby brother.
- Koroppi - The youngest of the triplets, and everyone mixes him up with Keroppi. (In North American dubs, his name is Curtis).
- Keroppa - Keroppi's father. He's a doctor and can cure anyone.
- Keroma - Keroppi's mother. She is a very good cook and owns a small restaurant.
- Kerojee - Keroppi's grandpa.
- Kerobah - Keroppi's grandma.
- Keroleen - Keroppi's girlfriend, and Keroppi's only girl, is a natural peacemaker. She likes collecting clothes and cooking.
- Ganta - Keroppi's biggest-sized friend, who can transform himself into a rock. Though he thinks he is strong, he is afraid of the dark and heights. His name is Junk in the North American dubs.
- Kyorosuke - Keroppi's tallest and thinnest friend, can see things over half a mile away. He can swim underwater. In the North American dubs, his name is Soak.
- Noberun - He is a deep thinker and loves doing experiments. He is not much of an athlete. His name is Newton in the North American dubs.
- Keroppe - Keroppe was born on June 22nd near Gourd Pond, however he had recently moved near Donut Pond. Keroppe tends to be very soft-spoken, relaxed and likes to daydream (often for days!), nap, and go on walks. Keroppe's cousins are Keroppi, Koroppi, and Pikki while his mom helps grow veggies for use in Keroma's restaurant. Keroppe is skilled at making boats out of flowers and plants with his handmade masks being quite popular. He tends to be a target of many practical jokes.
- Den Den - A Snail and Keroppi's good friend.
- Teru Teru - A sunshine doll who can predict weather and loves to collect ribbons. Her name is Ruby in the North American dubs.
- Chippi - Keroppi's little cousin, who loves strawberries.
- Keropatnic - Keroppi's teacher.
- A year before Keroppi's debut, a contest was held during the rainy season to vote on possible designs for a new frog character. The design that would eventually become Keroppi ended up winning.
- Keroppi stars in Sam to Chip no wa Hachamecha Dai Race as a racer.
- Keroppi cameos with Hello Kitty and Badtz-Maru in the first few minutes of the film Ready Player One.
With Family and Friends
- Kero Kero Keroppi no Bouken Nikki
- Kero Kero Keroppi no Daibouken
- Keroppi Day Hopper 1995 from Big Top Productions Mac / Windows PC